DON’T FORGET YOUR DUCTS!
It’s important to clean your air ducts after a disaster strikes.
After a fire, smoke, soot, and odors can linger, further damaging your home and threatening your health. Furthermore, damaging smoke and soot spread to other rooms in your home through the HVAC/duct system and settles within the ductwork. Therefore every time you run your HVAC system, these particles are circulated throughout your home. Similarly. mold is another problem that can spread via your Duct system. Mold can also develop and spread in your Duct System causing even more potential health risks. At ServiceMaster Fuson, we leverage our expertise in cleaning air ducts and vents to ensure the air in your home is clean and safe.
WHAT WE DO.
AIR DUCT CLEANING, THE SERVICEMASTER BY FUSON WAY
- Our experts connect a powerful vacuum system to the air duct near the furnace.
- Commercial-grade products and equipment are used to dislodge the contaminants and debris in the air duct.
- Contaminants are pulled out of the ducts and through the filtration system, returning clean air into your home.
- After cleaning, all access holes are resealed, returning the duct system to a like-new, clean condition.
Our professionals are experts in HVAC duct cleaning and have the tools and experience to get the job done right. We used High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment to remove particulates from inside the home.
Duct Cleaning Frequently Asked Questions
- Is air duct cleaning expensive?
- How long will it take to have my air ducts cleaned?
- Will air duct cleaning be disruptive to my family?
- How often do I need to get my air ducts cleaned?
- Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
- Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- Is there anything I can do to help maintain clean air ducts?
The cost of the service varies and depends on factors such as where you live, how dirty your system is, how easy it is for us to access the ducts and what your ducts are made of, and what material is used in the construction of the ducts. However, our expertise, training and satisfaction guarantee are built into the price of service.
The amount of time it takes to clean a residential HVAC system can vary depending on the complexity of the system. Once a skilled and trained technician arrives, they should be able to give you an estimate of how long it will take. For standard purposes, we ask for at least 3-5 hours to get the job done right and to your satisfaction.
Your professionals at ServiceMaster by Fuson can schedule a time that is most convenient for your family and when most of the household is not present. Depending on the magnitude of the job, we should have your house back in normal operation in a matter of a few hours.
We recommend air duct cleaning every three to five years. Customers who fall in the following conditions should consider more frequent cleaning of their duct systems:
- Pets that shed a lot
- Recent water damage
- Home remodeling or improvements taking place
- Residents with asthma or allergens
- Humid or moist environmental conditions
For safety, the technician should be shown where the fire extinguisher and first aid kit is located. It is best to provide them with any emergency contact information.
Duct cleaning can be noisy. Therefore It is best to do it when most family members are not present.
Clear work areas. Ask your technician how much space is needed around each air vent register and how much space they will need around the furnace and air conditioner. It is best to have these areas cleared beforehand.
Prior to cleaning, perform a walkthrough of your home to go over where protective coverings such as drop and corner guards will be placed. Also it is necessary to go over the ducts, how they will be cleaned, and the accessibility of it.
Air duct cleaning helps:
- Reduce energy costs in your home
- Reduce the potential for mold growth
- Improve indoor air quality
- Increase air circulation and flow
- Increase your home system performance
- Extend HVAC equipment life
To help maintain clean air ducts, change air filters based on the manufacturer’s recommendations. Regular vacuuming will also help reduce pet dander and airborne dirt and debris.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Michigan
Most people forget about their dry vents. They clean the filter in the dryer, but not the vent itself. Therefore, dryer vents need to be cleaned periodically to reduce the risk of fire. Aside from the fire hazard, having your dryer vents cleaned properly can improve the performance of your dry and reduce the amount of time and efficiency in drying your clothing or bedding. One of the key factors in reduced airflow is lint build up inside the vent tubes in your dryer, the vent tube that leads from your dryer to the exterior vent, and/or the exterior vent itself. When this happens, safety switches used by many dryers manufacturers cycle on and off continuously and can fail over time. Notably, this results in higher costs of operation and could cause a costly and dangerous dryer fire.
Potential Causes of Dryer Fires:
- Clogged or blocked airflow in dryer vents
- Failure of mechanical and/or electrical parts within the dryer
- Improper materials placed in the dryer
- Insufficient airflow as a result of improper installation
Advanced Warning Signs:
- Clothes (especially towels or jeans) that take a longer than expected time to dry
- Clothes are hotter than usual at the end of the cycle. Machine feels hot.
- Dryer vent flapper doesn’t open when the dryer is on
If you notice any of these signs, schedule a professional dryer cleaning or inspection immediately with ServiceMaster by Fuson.
Call (855) 813-6959
WE OFFER A WIDE ARRAY OF SERVICES
Click on the image below to find out more about the service
Fire & Smoke Damage
Water & Flood Damage
Post Construction Clean Up
Frozen & Burst Pipe Clean Up
Senior Packing Services
Hoarding Clean Up
Tarp Over & Board Up
Emergency Service Plans
“Service Master has been fantastic through my fire loss. Their communication was outstanding. Stefani really stood out the most, her honesty and integrity absolutely blew my mind. My loss was months ago and she still communicated with me and helped me with every question I had following my loss. I would recommend Service Master to anyone. Their work and staff are beyond superior.”
“Bill and Roy just came a cleaned the carpets at the home I am buying. The carpets are almost 26 years old, so I had no expectations for them to be perfect. It sure turned out better than I even thought. The guys were friendly and did a great job despite being the last job of the day. They also cleaned my rugs for free! I got a great service at a good rate thanks to Bill and Roy at ServiceMaster.”
” Service Master dried out and replaced my elderly mother’s wood kitchen flooring after water damage. They came quickly, were readily available for consultation, professional and the replacement wood floor is beautiful. I would highly recommend them. The whole team from start to finish did an excellent job. “
” We needed a shower floor rebuilt and waterproofed due to leaking, so we hired Servicemaster to fix it. Troy showed up on time
“A close friend and customer of mine called me two weeks prior to Christmas. They had just pulled out their decorations in the basements and began their decorating ritual. Two days later when resuming this activity they went into their basement to find boxes floating in